Friday 20 January 2012

A post dedicated to fringes

Today I will honour fringes (or bangs to all you Americans out there)!

Queen of bangs Bettie Page

Why? Because I practically always have one myself. Back when I was a child, I always used to have a fringe until my mother decided that I got too old for it when I was about 11 years old. Too old? Yes, too old. Apparently, my mother has always associated fringes with children and made me grow out mine. Although it was a relief for me back then, I have become addicted to them a couple of years back again.




No-Fringe-Sarah vs. Fringe-Sarah vs. My-Fringe-Has-Gotten-Too-Long-Sarah

Yes. That's the difference a fringe can make.I have a high forehead and a fringe makes a long face optically shorter. Yes, I do have that in common with a certain miss Page whose picture also can be found within this entry. 
In fact, I love my fringe so much that I even bought hairdresser's scissors just in order to cut my fringe myself in stead of visiting the actual hairdresser's every time it gets too long. The hairdresser was rather impressed by my cutting skills, or well, he said that he had seen "much worse". I took it as a compliment. 

And what would an honouring post be without pictures of fringes other than my own? That's right: rubbish.
 So here we go!

1920's superstar Louise Brooks was famous for
her recognizable short bob and bangs.

Audrey Hepburn has had several types of fringes
throughout her carreer.


Model (and George Harrison's first wife) Pattie Boyd
was a fan of heavy bangs during the 1960s.

Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra in 1963.

9 comments:

  1. Ik vind een fringe je wel goed staan hoor x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read my mind with this post! I am about to get my fringe re-installed =D and cannot wait! I am going to get a double fringe and I am so excited! Love all of your hairstyles! They all look so beautiful on you!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik vind die pony je leuk staan! je hebt trouwens leuk log. Anders dan anders :) en dat vind ik er leuk aan!
    Ik ga je volgen!!
    XxX anouschka1989

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik vind pony's erg leuk, maar is jammer genoeg onmogelijk bij mijn haar!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een leuke kapsels!

    Doe je al mee met mijn winactie?
    http://myownsupersweetlife.blogspot.com/2012/01/winactie-make-up-club.html

    Liefs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een leuke post! Jammer genoeg is mijn haar daar veel te doen voor :(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I was actually just about to do a similar post on fringes becauase i can't get them out of my mind! i wonder if I could pull it off... xox

    ReplyDelete